We must never forget the tragedies of World War II, and teaching kids about our country's efforts in this conflict is more important than ever.
This book is packed with information that kids will find fascinating—excerpts from actual wartime letters written to and by American and German troops, personal anecdotes from people who lived through the war in the United States, Germany, Britain, Russia, Hungary, and Japan, and gripping stories from Holocaust survivors—all adding a humanizing global perspective to the war.
These 21 activities show children how it felt to live through this monumental period in history. . Kids can:
• play a rationing game or try the butter extender recipe to understand the everyday sacrifices of rationing goods
• try their hands at military strategy in coastal defense, break a military code, and play a latitude-longitude tracking game
• interview a veteran to help preserve the memories of one of our country's greatest generations
And much more!
Whether learning how and why to grow a victory garden or staging an adventure radio program, kids will appreciate the hardships and joys experienced on the home front.
World War II for Kids: A History with 21 Activities (2) (For Kids series)
- Publisher : Chicago Review Press; 1st edition (November 1, 2005)
- Publication date : November 1, 2005
- Language : English
- File size : 6538 KB
- File type: pdf
- License: Personal use only. Not permitted to resell this digital file/ebook. Kim Bartosch owns the Resell Rights of this ebook/digital file purchased through https://elibrarya.com/